Girl killed in gun accident in academy

Primary tabs

LAHORE:March 02:A DAUGHTER of a head constable was killed by a student of BCom at an academy located at Usman Block in the Nishtar Colony police area when a gun ‘went off’ on Thursday afternoon.

The accused boy and the security guard of the academy, who had handed over his gun to the boy, have surrendered to police along with the gun. Police have registered a murder case against the accused persons and removed the body to morgue for autopsy.

The deceased student was identified as Noreen Sehar, daughter of Nawaz, a police cop and deputed on PM’s house security in Defence and a resident of Nishtar Colony. The victim was a student of BA at the academy.

The accused boy has been identified as Abdul Rehman, 20, a resident of Nishtar Colony and a student of BCom at the same academy. He was also working part time as an office boy at the same academy. It is learnt that the security guard of the academy, identified as Saeed, used to hand over his 12-bore gun to the accused boy when went for lunch or offer prayers.

On the day of the incident, the boy was sitting in the small courtyard of the academy and was holding the gun of the security guard in his absence. In the meantime, the girl came out of the room and fell victim to the bullet fired by the accused boy all of a sudden.

As a result, the victim girl suffered wounds on the right side of her neck and died on the spot. The incident created severe panic in the academy and the students present there rushed outside after hearing gunshot.

The academy administration informed police who collected forensic evidence and took the accused boy and the security guard into their custody. The boy told police that he was holding the gun in routine and trying to clean it when it went off. He said he had no grudge against the victim girl. The security guard told police that he used to hand over the gun to the boy when he went to have lunch and offer prayers so he did the same on the day of the incident.

Nishtar Colony SHO Rana Akmal said the circumstantial evidence and the statements of eyewitnesses initially suggested that the gun went off. He also confirmed that they had taken both accused persons into custody for further investigations.The news.